COIP 8 months ago
Robotics and Tec-Engineering learning system
a first-of-its-kind educational system launched by IP Education institute. This academic system is meant to develop and enhance the personal, soft, and hard skills of students. Furthermore, COIP helps in interconnecting the hands-on learning with the conventional educational process through teaching various branches of the below disciplines:
- Scientific Research Writing
- Business, finance, and Presentation skills
All are processed in the context of the STEM approach based on practical implementation and a firm scientific basis, and corresponding with students’ abilities their knowledge level as well. This integrated education system targets those whose ages range (from 13 to 17).
The conventional educational process is characterized by its purely theoretical nature with an almost complete absence of the practical implementation and limitation of using technology. Upon that, our vision is to bridge the gap between the theoretical knowledge that students obtain in school and the practical implementation which is built on real-life applications. On the other hand, we inspire to orient students, sharpen their skills in many aspects, and get them engaged in advantageous activities.
The Technical Architecture:
COIP system is split into two stages:
1. The Foundation Stage; students enroll in three essential courses consecutively to get specialized training for each, with overall 64 training hours the courses are:
- EV3 Robotics
- Circuits and Arduino
- Coding by Python
- Scientific Research writing and Presentation Skills
The duration of training of each course is 2 months, with an average of 16 training hours, there is a practical assessment (students should work on a graduation project) at the end of each course, accordingly, they get a passing certificate.
The Expected Outcomes of the First Stage:
- Assimilating fundamental knowledge and the essentials of designing and blockly-programming robots in general and the EV3 robots in particular.
- Having the required skills and abilities to design and program various EV3 structures and robots.
- Deeply understanding fundamental knowledge and the essentials of designing circuits and text-programming in Arduino.
- Getting the required skills and abilities to design and program various programmable circuits and Arduino-based systems.
- Comprehending fundamental knowledge and the essentials of programming by Python.
- Gaining the required skills and abilities to write basic programs and code by Python .
- In general, students can achieve functioning projects and enterprises relevant to the prior-mentioned fields. Therefore, they are qualified to participate in related competitions and forums.
- Perceiving the basics of scientific documentation and presenting, essential concepts such as intellectual property, scientific papers, and presentable personality.
- Getting the required skills and abilities to write integrated scientific research for an applicable technical project that is derived from an innovative idea.
- Regarding the soft skills side, mental abilities and thinking approaches such as critical and computational thinking, and analysis skills are being sharpened and fostered.
Note: for the detailed description, content, and outcomes of the courses, please request the syllabus of each.
2.The Specialty Stage; upon their tendency, each student is prompted to adopt a specific discipline to dig into, this will be under the umbrella of an educational program that simulates the hierarchical educational system that is approved in universities, it offers a free choice for a student to choose a desired major he wants to study, instead of the linear strict educational system, students have a detailed academic plan that shows the courses hierarchy.
The Academic Plan of the Second Stage:
It’s obvious that the academic plan of any division consists of 3 majors, a major comprises certain subjects. A subject includes many hierarchical levels (courses) so that lower-order level is a prerequisite for a higher-order one. Students are free to enroll in more than one subject within the same major or within many majors in a parallel manner.
"Skyrocket minds" incubator:
Another privileged service that can be offered through COIP is the "Skyrocket Minds" incubator, it’s a leveling-up innovation-supportive environment and fully-equipped workspace, it’s set up with all the required tools, equipment, devices, and staff as well. The incubator fosters ideas and adopts talented students to help and support them to innovate, get scholarships, and participate in domestic and international relevant competitions such as; Intel, FLL, FTC, VEX. For more information, please check the " Skyrocket minds incubator " attachment.
The Expected Outcomes of the Second Stage:
The precise outcomes of this stage depend on the major that a student may select to study. Generally, the expected outcomes of this stage regardless of the chosen major:
- Students become well-versed and knowledgeable regarding one or more of the cutting-edge technological disciplines.
- COIP Introduces a rich real-life experience and an orienting model that links students with the post-secondary education stage in many technological areas.
- COIP qualifies students to apply for an internship, get a scholarship, and compete in domestic and international forums and competitions.
- COIP helps in steering students to be innovators, makers, and problem-solvers, not only consumers.
- COIP contributes to promoting and developing students’ skills and practices scientifically, intellectually, and in practice such as; higher-order thinking, self-learning, commination, teamwork, analytical and computational thinking, ....etc.